Procedure: Labial reduction, vaginal rejuvenation, hymen reconstruction, mons pubis liposuction
Anaesthesia: Local or general anaesthesia
Surgical Time: 1 hour
Hospital Stay: Day case
Time off Work: 2 weeks
Back to Light Sports: 6 weeks
Full Recovery: 6 weeks
Follow-up: 1 week, 6 weeks, 3 months, 6 months
Mr Akhavani offers a wide range of gynaecological rejuvenation procedures such as:
• Labiaplasty/labial reduction
• Hymen reconstruction
• Mons pubis liposuction
While it feels like a very personal and difficult subject to broach, it may be reassuring to know that embarrassment and anxiety regarding the appearance of the genitals is not uncommon. In particular, a lot of women have concerns regarding the size of their labia minora and the tone of their vagina.
The process of childbirth, aging and even weight fluctuations can all have a part to play in the issues that some women face, and while help is often sought for aesthetic reasons, some women also require vaginal rejuvenation surgery in order to resolve problems with discomfort during sexual activity.
Gynaecological rejuvenation is an effective solution to address these concerns, and can have a tremendous effect in boosting self-esteem and confidence.
Types of Gyneacological Rejuvenation Surgery
Some more details of the female genital surgery procedures available:
• Vaginoplasty – this process involves reshaping and tightening the vagina, helping to tighten loose muscles and improve sensations during intercourse. It can be carried out as a standalone surgery or alongside a labiaplasty procedure.
• Labiaplasty – also known as labial reduction surgery, it can be performed on both the labia minora and majora (inner and outer labia) and can make women feel more comfortable both clothed and naked.
• Mons pubis liposuction – this can improve the ‘puffiness’ of the mons and create a better contour, and may be undertaken in isolation or in combination with an abdominoplasty.
• Hymen reconstruction – a simple procedure to restore the hymen to its natural state, by excising the torn edges and stitching them together with dissolvable sutures.
Process and Recovery
During your consultation Mr Akhavani will take a careful medical history and carry out a physical examination, ensuring that you’re a suitable candidate for the surgery. It may not always be possible to meet all your expectations with surgery, so it crucial that you understand what is a realistic outcome – but Mr Akhavani will talk you through the various procedures and their potential results and limitations.
Vaginal rejuvenation surgery can be performed under local or general anaesthetic, depending on the procedure. You should be able to go home the same day and will be followed up in the outpatient clinic to ensure an appropriate surgical recovery.
It’s advisable to take 2 weeks off work and plan to resume light exercise in 4 to 6 weeks after the operation. Sexual activity can be started once the scars have adequately healed.
Mr Akhavani’s years of experience will ensure that any complications are minimised, but as with any type of surgical procedure, there are some risks, including:
• Discomfort during intercourse
• Asymmetry and numbness in the treated areas
These issues usually pass fairly quickly, and all details will be fully discussed with you during your initial appointment.
To book a consultation for mons pubis liposuction, hymen reconstruction, labiaplasty or vaginoplasty at one of our London practices, please call us on 0203 733 3224.