Procedure: Contouring of the buttocks
Surgical Time: 3 hours
Hospital Stay: 1-2 nights in hospital
Time off Work: 2 weeks
Back to Light Sports: 6 weeks
Full Recovery: 6 weeks
Follow-up: 1 week, 6 weeks, 3 months, 6 months
Butt augmentation surgery comes in three main categories:
• Butt lift (BL)
• Brazilian butt lift (BBL)
• Butt implants
Each technique needs to be carefully considered and appropriate to each individual patient’s requirements.
The overall aim of the surgery is to improve the appearance of the buttocks and to give them a fuller appearance that diet and exercise alone may not be able to provide.
Types of Butt Lift and Augmentation Surgeries
The exact type of surgery that will give you the best results will depend on a number of factors, and these will be discussed in detail with you during the consultation process, but here’s a quick look at the types of surgery available…
• Butt lift – a butt lift alone aims to address the excess skin of patients who may have undergone significant weight loss and need lifting of their saggy tissue.
• Brazilian butt lift – this surgery is suitable for patients who already have an excess of adipose tissue around the trunk, and essentially involves two stages. The first stage is liposuction and contouring of the trunk to remove the excess fat and achieve a shapely figure. In the second stage, the harvested fat is processed and injected back into the buttock to enhance its volume and create a more pleasing and rounder shape. Both stages are performed in one operation.
• Butt implant – an implant is inserted into the buttock to create fullness and better shape in the area.
Through a process of advice, guidance and a detailed medical history check, along with a physical examination and discussion of desired results, Mr Akhavani will help you to identify the most suitable type of butt augmentation surgery for your needs. Please ensure that you’re realistic about the potential outcome, as cosmetic surgery, while very advanced these days, also has its limitations.
Butt Lift Procedure and Recovery
Whichever type of butt lift or augmentation procedure you undergo, it will be performed under general anaesthesia with the surgery lasting 2-3 hours. Most patients stay one night in the hospital, although this is dependent on each individual patient’s recovery. You’ll then be followed up in the outpatient clinic to ensure a smooth post-operative recovery.
You’ll be required to take 2 weeks off work and should be able to resume light exercise in 6 weeks – please expect it to take 9 to 12 months before the full benefit of the surgery is realised.
While Mr Akhavani will do everything to minimise any potential side-effects of your butt lift or implants, in a few cases, patients experience bruising, swelling or sensory changes around the scar.
More complications can also include:
• Delayed wound healing
• Seroma formation
• Unfavorable asymmetric scarring
• Butt implant
• Contour deformities
For more information about butt implants, butt augmentation or either type of butt lift, you can book a consultation at any of our 6 London practices – just call 0203 733 3224 and we’ll be happy to help.